Location: United Kingdom
Posted on: 24th February 2020 - Closing on: 30th June, 2020
At Coborn, we produce machinery capable of shaping the hardest material in the world, diamond. We regularly have contractors working on the site, but we do not manage the process or the contractors well and we are looking to develop an easy to use, effective system for the future. The successful candidate will work with the HR Manager to help improve the process, create the supplier database and train managers how to use the system. you will also be able to get some hands on experience of work in a small HR department, (setting up new employees, induction, recruitment and KPIs).
Critically analyse the current system and the proposed new system.
- Populate a list of relevant contractors and implement the new system with them.
- Train managers how to use the system, induction presentation and paperwork.
- Review computer based systems and costs to develop the system further.
- There is no fixed start date but we are looking for someone to start in July 2020.
- Interest in a career in HR and / or H&S.
- Previous experience as an intern is desirable.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with a reasonable amount of autonomy.
- Ability to source information, analyse the content and present a report with recommendations.
- Confident to train and present to other people (with the support of the HR Manager)
Coborn is a well-established engineering company with over 75 years of history. We play a vital role in the diamond tooling and gemstone industry through the production of grinding machines. Our international customer base spans over different continents. We have been recognised on several occasions for our engineering excellence. This includes receiving the Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2012. More recently, Coborn was named in the Top 10 Precision Manufacturing Tech Solution Providers for 2020 (due to be) published by Manufacturing Technology Insights.
What We Offer
You will be supported every step of the way with the project, but you will have fundamental ownership. If you take on this internship you will gain a great insight into what it is like to work in both HR and on Contractor Control.You will see the challenges that you would face in a real job scenario. We will give you experience of HR work alongside this project. Through this you will have an opportunity to enhance your management skills. This will stand you in good stead at university or in a job.
In addition to this project, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to get stuck into other company activities including a group project to be worked on by all interns. This will be discussed with the candidate and can include other development work or something else such as design work or gaining a deeper understanding of the diamond industry.
Our working hours are flexible. The doors are open 07:00 – 19:00 Monday to Friday with core hours being 09:00 – 15:30 Monday to Thursday and 09:00 -12:30 on Fridays.